generic or canon battery for your 5d mark 2?

mark_t5

I just managed to purchase a second battery it seems there is a shortage, the cost here for a Canon LP-E6 IS $79.00 Au or $50.55 US. Propably the right price once those are no longer in short supply. I would not consider non Canon since some functions are missing.

<p>yes, they say that upfront in their ads, that the meter wont show the amount in the battery. im guessing its cuz the new chip that canon put in their battery is too expensive for them so they dont have it.<br>

anyhow, i wanted to know who uses generic and i guess i found the answer.<br>

and as for the ebay comment. im sorry you had bad ebay experiences, but all my ebay transactions are all pretty good. in fact probably 90% of my equipment were bought on ebay and i have no complaints.</p>

<p>As a well established photographic retailer on eBay, I resent being called 'fly by night'. Yes, there are unscrupulous dealers on eBay but there are just as many unscrupulous dealers across the rest of the internet.</p>

<p>Out of our 4816 customers this year alone, only 9 were not happy (0.1%). If you did a customer satisfaction survey for Jessops or B&H or any other big name photographic retailer I would be surprised if they had a record as good as that.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>accessorycircut.com is probably a Brooklyn camera place changing their name again. </p>

<p>They tried the Sunday call... battery unavailable but we have a different one that will work. I had to ask if it required a different charger.. told them I don't want to change my order many times and they kept insisiting the non canon. Finaly he said he would just cancel the order without me asking, I would have waited for the real canon battery.</p>

<p>John<br /> </p>