A welcomed change in the TRP!

Is it only me, but I've seen a change in the TRP lately that I really like.

I usually choose Category:all (No Nudes), but decided to test the TRP for category:all. Was pleasantly surprised to see that only the 166th

photograph presented a hint of sexuality and the 215th was the first to actually show a pair of breasts.

It used to be that almost only nudes would get top ranking not so long ago, hence one of the reason to introduce All (no nudes). Don't get me

wrong, It's not that I dislike nudes, but I like the fact that more and more, people seem to appreciate other genres. Enough anyway to critique

and rate other photos more favourably.

What do you think?

Great photography is great photography whatever the subject. Nudes can be great but the fact of the matter is not many great nudes can be found here. Most are mediocre at best, technically as well as artistically.

However, the fact remains that when you upload a nude you're likely to get more views, comments and ratings (if you're into that). It's a commonly known fact. There is also the question of being "en vogue". At the moment HDR seems still popular but given time that will change and something else will pop up.

Also you shouldn't be under the illusion that all of the best on PN is to be found in the TRP gallery. I often visit portfolio's of photographers who produce brilliant work but who, for one reason or another, don't enter the rating game or, if they do, who's work isn't all that popular.

Top rated is just that and while certainly great photography is to be found there it needs the above nuance.