Pentax Sports? GO TEAM!!!

abe_hollander

Who says we can't do much sports with Pentax? I don't find the 3fps a limitation. Should I? If I tried a camera

with 5fps, would I lust after it?

Let's see some examples of sports through a Pentax - in fact, let's broaden the term to "sports" (figuring quotes

will allow all

kinds of inclusion that I don't happen to be thinking about right now).

Here are some shots I took at the tennis tournament I went to recently.<div>00QV5i-64071684.thumb.jpg.21dd74725ccdeedada37941e126ed1dc.jpg</div>

You mean you actually had to time your shots? NO WAY ;-)

I like not Robert Kendrick's serve shot, at least your shot of not Robert Kendrick's serve shot. # 5.

And I bet that last guy got beaten pretty badly :-)

Cheers

Fredrik

"that's a lovely self-portrait, Mis"

Not just lovely, but impressive how I was able to set the 12 sec self timer, then run down 4 floors from the roof of the building, race 150m to the tennis court and get into position to receive the ball and pull "The Face" just as the shutter was released.

It was a big effort, but I'm pleased with the result.

Yay team!!!, let's see some more!

Javier, it's my Sigma 70-300 APO. Frankly, it's about the only thing I ever use outside. I own 2 lovely indoor (i.e., f1.4) primes at 30mm and 50mm, and the kit 18-55, but I use the APO so much.

Just for clarification, only the "last Kendrick" shot is not Kendrick. The others - properly labeled - are Robert Kendrick (in case any tennis fans are watching).

Fantastic photos! I do like #2 the best. Here are some from the AST Pro Skateboarding Tour in Baltimore. Taken from the nose bleed seats with my older *istDL with Tamron 28-300mm. For anyone who thinks that skateboarding is not a sport*, try convincing my two sons of that! :-)

*In my opinion, it's more cult than sport...<div>00QW5g-64415584.thumb.jpg.50adc304c203c26dd8532b416b7b2787.jpg</div>