Adapter for Macro Twinlight (MT-24)

zafar1

Hi

Is anywhere aware of any third-party adapter for Canon Twinlight. Canon makes 52,58, and 72mm and in its infinite

wisdom assumes that people won't use other than canon's pre-ordained macro lenses.

I frequently use my 70-200 and 100-400 for Macros (using extension tubes) and other 62/67 mm lenses. Does anybody

use this light on any other lens besides 100mmm and 180mm macro from canon?

Hi,

I'd suggest you forget about the lens mount entirely.

Try to track down a Stroboframe/Lepp Deluxe Flash Bracket like this one:

http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/stroboframe_lepp_macro_bracket_deluxe.htm

With it you'll have a lot more control over putting the flash heads exactly where you want them, and it can be

used with literally any lens. The arms can be positioned all sorts of ways and have two ballheads on them to hold

the flashes.

I've been using one for quite a few years, with the MT-24 EX for about the last five years or so.

The only down side of this bracket is that, while the bracket by itself can be folded up somewhat, it is still a

little bulky. It certainly won't fit into the pouch Canon provides for the MT-24EX.

I don't know the above retailer. This was just the first site a search found, that showed a photo of the bracket

(better check them out on resellerratigns.com before buying there). I was surprised not to find this bracket on

either Adorama or B&H websites. They used to sell it.