Portraits shot with classic cameras

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, Kudos and thanks for raising this thread. Cliff, your sentiments raise the level of this thread. I recall that when I Iearnt taking pictures with the Fed 2 that my brother brought from Ukraine I had no access to a meter. For long years I just followed the gray scales and the instructions that came with the film. I rarely had a blank frame or an over-exposed one. All my blanks and bad ones happened after I lost the Fed and got into the TTL habit. I chucked it and went back to the Exakta and hand held meter for reference. Things improved a great deal. I guess that there is a lesson in it for the learners. Best regards.

Thanks, Subbarayan.

I'll see if I can figure this out. I never have understood why web designers have to hide so much of how to make a site work.

This is a portrait of one of my daughters, taken with a relatively modern Cambo SCX but using a 1940's Wollensak Veritar portrait lens, one of my favorite optics. It is a variable soft focus that goes from quite soft, to pretty darn sharp as you stop down by only a few steps. Made using a Calumet C-2 roll film holder and tmax 100.

Thanks, Subbarayan.

I'll see if I can figure this out.

This is a portrait of one of my daughters, taken with a relatively modern Cambo SCX but using a 1940's Wollensak

Veritar portrait lens, one of my favorite optics. It is a variable soft focus that goes from quite soft, to

pretty darn sharp as you stop down by only a few steps. Made using a Calumet C-2 roll film holder and tmax 100.<div>00QFFg-58857684.jpg.020b1d5c8646428543dcdf733c745e94.jpg</div>

What a great thread, sorry I didn't catch it earlier. here is my sister and brother in law. taken couple of months ago with Leica IIIC, Summitar 2/ 50mm collapsible, Kodak Tri-X, developed D-76, 1:1. tripod used.<div>00QFOG-58889684.jpg.816af32f6b770bd3877e137183431d63.jpg</div>

Tim Ludwig, that is a lovely picture. Those old time lenses were designed for both sharpness and tones, I guess. I find that in some Meyer lenses too. Oh! the web designers leave something in there so they can get a second call from the client! That is their way of ensuring additional business! My electrician and plumber do that always. Regards, sp