X-Rite Eye-One Display2 LT yields yellowish cast profile

I recently purchased an X-Rite Eye-One Display2 LT color calibration device. I ran the software and followed

along. Everything seemed to work fine. But the ICC profile that the process produced turns the white pages on

my web browser and everything else white to a light yellowish cast.

My monitor is a ViewSonic G90f CRT, if that matters. Any advice? Also, I don't know whether this is relevant,

but the shipping box from B&H was kind of smashed up a bit, enough to smush up the Eye-One item's own box. The

device itself did not sustain any obvious physical damage, but I thought I'd mention this anyway. Thanks.

Are you sure that you just haven't become accustomed to your previously bluish monitor and the relatively yellower calibration just looks wrong but is actually neutral?

Do you have a kodak grey card or a colour checker handy that you can hold up to your screen?

We use the same devices (two) to regularly calibrate our monitors with great success, but every so often the results are a greeny yellowish cast. Thought the first Eye-One was faulty, so bought another and still same bile color every so often. Found that unplugging the calibrator then restarting computer usually does the trick. Reset monitor to factory default then re-calibrate. Like I said earlier, not a common occurance but every so often it acts up and tends to be a waste of time.

I'm almost in the same boat, Bk. Except that I have the display 2 and my monitor is a g90fb-2, I assume they're similar.

I see what looks like it could be a yellow-red cast. I was going to ask on this forum if surrounding light can compensate in one way or another-- because my room is fairly dark and the lights have a yellow hue. For those who have experience, is there an ideal circumstance for testing the ambient light? Or should that feature be bypassed?

Edit: I've played around with this more, and I do find better results with the ambient light check turned off-- it makes sense for rooms that

have inconstant lighting. What I've also found is that my viewsonic CRT favors 9300k, and 6500k invariably leaves my whites looking more

yellow, no matter how I change the profile. I think the 6500 recommendation applies more to LCDs with their greater luminosity.

During the first stage, before putting the device on the monitor, place the eye-one device on a matt black fabric or paper surface instead of that white plastic ambient light snap-on thing. Even with ambient light unchecked, it still seems to read. The older models used to ask you to do this.

A problem is that the Eye-One Display2 LT software does not allow a white point setting higher than 7500k, which is labels "cool white" and the Viewsonic G90f does not have a 7500k color setting. I tried using the user custom settings, but I can't quite get everything to line up on the 0 points for each of the three channels.

The 9300k does seem blue, after having the new profile in use for a week or so. But there doesn't seem to be sufficient contrast, even when the contrast on my monitor is set to 100 percent. Maybe an ambient light problem? What should the luminance setting for this thing be, anyway? Sorry, but I'm new to calibration, and the documentation for this unit provides no guidance on this subject. Thanks again.