=50 MEGA PIXALS=

jgredline

The following spring to mind:

1. Professional photographers need to be able to differentiate themselves from the rest.

2. Such a large file can be heavily cropped and still yield a high quality full page image.

3. Landscape photographers (for example) could make large-scale prints of high quality.

4. Large prints of very high quality can be made for exhibitions, trade shows etc.

50 MP is not particularly large when compared to scans made from slides made with medium and large format cameras.

Personally I'm hoping Pentax do eventually reach 28-24 MB full frame. Not so long ago the Pentax 6x7 was a

standard camera for many professionals.

Oh don't ask me what it can be used for, ask Miserere, he's the resident know-it-all.. and stalker and smart-a$$ and purveyor of poor judgment but, we don't hold any of that against him because he provides pretty pictures for us to look at. Even if they are the same ones over and over. I'm sure he'd love the chance to take them once more with a 50mp Hassy, but, then, he'd have to post his images in the Hassy MF forums.....

http://Click_here_to_donate_to_the_Hassy_for_Missy_fund

Tom, yer link is broke... ;-)

Is 'Tom & Mis' the new replacement soap opera for 'Justin & Lindy'?

The next time you stroll through a shopping mall, look at all of the giant photographs that are used to promote and

advertise everything from candy to sunglasses. Yeah, my K10D with DA* glass can make a nice 20"x30" but this

Hassie can make a nicer one... and larger. The T&S functionality is great for many niches like architectural

photography, wish I'd had one for shooting lighthouses in Michigan. Instead, I shoot wide and crop - whoops, now that

20"x30" doesn't look so good...

This camera is priced for the individuals who already make a boat load of money doing what this camera was designed

to do, and many of them will buy it just because they can...

C'mon Tom, you know deep down you love me and my not-quite-in-focus leaf photos. All 40 of them. ;-)

Matthew, Tom is just angry that the new Hassy, despite adds like the one John-Paul pointed out, will still cost over $30k. He needs to vent his frustration somehow. It's OK Tom, if you want to be angry, just yell at me, I'll still love you.

But seriously, please fix that donation website ASAP. There is a leaf I need to photograph and print at 40x60 for my bathroom. (I'll send you a free copy.)

THATS IT!!! THAT is why we all need a Hassy! Mis got it!

Don't pay somebody to paint or wallpaper your house! Buy a hassy, take pics, what you like the best - blow em up & put

em on the walls! ONE per wall! Do it Yourself wallpaper design!

MATT - I'm ordering ours right now..... :D

What a pretty camera!

I SO WANT ONE...

too bad I'm in my camera shopping hiatus. :) <thank goodness Hin has saved me from such a huge splurge as that one... > That's what good friends are for.

And lucky that I won't remember I wrote this, by the time the Hiatus finishes next week. It'll save me from a $40K debt. ... imagine all that money on one small item that fits in a 1 foot square space... How crazy is that?

Mostly it is for high end advertising work where ultiamte detail and ultra smooth tonality is extremely important to the clients. Car advertising, fashion work, some architectural work, maybe aerial photographers. Is supect that very high end portrait photogrpahers who make large prints will be interested as well. Kodak claims that the KAF-50100 CCD sensor used in the new HAsselblad back t:

"... captures digital images with unprecedented resolution and detail. For instance, with a 50 megapixel camera, in an aerial photo of a field 1-ᄑ miles across, you could detect an object about the size of a small notebook computer (1 foot by 1 foot). "

In an interview I did with Kodak's Mike DeLuca on Tuesday , he said that even at 50mp "there is still some head room before digital back resolution surpasses current state of the art lens designs". He also said that you'll see this chip being used in other digital backs as well.

Rose,..Your answer is along the lines of what I thought... 40K, would be a down payment on another CNC machine that will make me money...

I also thought of all the large billboards and such, but also thought as Tony said, that medium format or full frame cameras set the standard for that type of print....

But as Mat said, some will buy it, because they can.

Well shoot, as long as we're going to dream about what to do w/ a spare $40k....

one SLR camera OR....

3 - 3CCD HD video cameras

1 - full suite of Final Cut Studio

2 - K20Ds & battery grips

2 - power packs for our flashes

every DA* lens out there...

1 - duo quad core (that's 8 processors) desktop running Leopard

2 - 30 something inch monitors.....

yeah..... i'm all about getting the most # of toys for the money.... especially when the toys make me money.....

OR

I guess we could put a down payment on a big big house w/ studio building & offices right out back....

uh huh.