Nikon 200-400 f/4 vr + D3 For Youth Soccer

jclaice

Great shots Joseph! I have a similiar set-up D300 + 200-400/4 VR and I love using the 200/400 F4 all my subjects succumb and bow before thy mighty lens!(lol) just kidding :) Anyway I am working more on fast moving objects and always looking for advice. Your posting brought me here. What is your ideal ISO setting when photographing fast movement in both full sun vs. slight overcast?

Thanks,

Pauk :)

Frank: So far, I've found $2.34 in loose change. I can almost get a slightly used generic lens cap for that new rig. Um, let's check back on this in a few months! Joseph, I remain quite impressed with the hardware you're using, but you've definitely got the eye and timing to make it worth using.

Mike: Thanks for taking the time to look at the slide show and thanks again for your comments.

It all started when I updated my business plan last year. I decided to allocate funds for the, 200-400 f/4 vr and the 200mm f/2 vr. Then .....I gathered my loose change that I found in my couch, and I bought the D3.

Prior to that decision, I shot the D2x and the 70-200mm VR, selling photographs like those.

I concluded that:

With my skills, the additional glass, and the D3: the combination would provide a sustainable unfair advantage over my competition.<div>00PjaD-47351684.thumb.jpg.f41d6fed94632668610618c64fe8164b.jpg</div>

• 4 weeks later...

These are great shots... I am new to this forum but have a question for you in regards to your business. How do you

price this type of photography?

Let me first state that i am a not a pro but a well financed hack who takes a lot of pictures at my children's sporting

events and on business travels. I have the nikon 200-400 as well as the 70-200VR lens that I use with a D200 camera.

When i am at my kids games or school I am constantly asked "will you take a shot of little (insert name of kid) over

there and send it to me? My cool pix camera wont shot across the field...." Lately I have thought that there has to be a

market for this type of photography and why not make a little money to "support my habit." At any rate any response

would be appreciated I am not looking for you to give away any trade secrets or anything just curious...

• 1 month later...