When I resize for the web, why do my images turn red?

My images look great while I am editing them in PS and when they come back

from the printer BUT when I try to post them here they all turn red. It is like I give

my subjects an instant sunburn. Is there a setting in PS that I have screwed up?

My monitor is calibrated with Spyder 3 as well.

Most web browsers aren't color managed, but you should always post pictures after converting them to sRGB anyway. To check to see if the pictures are OK (after converting to sRGB), use a color-managed browser. On Windows, I think the only choice may be Safari. The image being OK doesn't mean other viewers will see it OK, however. You have no control over that. Their monitors probably aren't calibrated anyway.

"To check to see if the pictures are OK (after converting to sRGB), use a color-managed browser."

I can't see how that helps. Most people are not using color managed browsers and "most people" are the ones that are going to look at your pics. Convert to sRGB and you're good to go.

Kari--

You answer is almost exactly the same as something I said on another thread here earlier this week, except for the part about it not helping.

My point is that when you convert to sRGB, you have to check the image somehow to make sure it's OK to post. A color-managed browser is the way to do that.