It's time to me to change my monitor. Il hope to find the perfect monitor with

the better resolution and the better color management.

I think that the 30 inches LCD have the better resolution out there, but which

one have the better color management,I'm looking for the Apple or Dell monitor,

but if someone have another brand to suggest, do it!

Actually, I'm on PC, but also thinking of switching to Mac for my next computer

that,s why I look at the Apple, but I know that both computer will work on both

platform.

Someone here can point me of test or informations about the color of theses

monitors... I try google and the dpr search engine, but I don't find any good

result.

Did someone have experience with both monitor?

Thank you everybody

I have the Samsung 30" LCD and I'm quite happy with it. Dell has two 30" LCDs. The newer one has a video scaler and HDTV inputs but it's around $2000.

All of these monitors need dual link DVI (not dual DVI connections) so make sure the graphics system can drive it first.

I have an older version of the Dell and it is pretty good. I think the cheaper version of Dell's two 30" monitors is about equivalent to what I have, but with slightly faster refreshes and a bit wider gamut. The $2000 version looks much better and is what I would get if I wanted a Dell. The Apple is very nice, but from what I read 18months ago the panel in it was the same as the Dell, so I saved $600 and got a better warranty.

My first display had a strange glitch where green lines danced across the dark parts of the image and Dell was very good about replacing it. Combined with a 3 year warranty I am happy.

The image quality is about on par with my 23" Apple Cinema display. I hear the newer panels with higher gamuts are better for editing, but I really have not found what I have to be limiting once it is correctly profiled.

Without question, the NEC 3090 is a lot of product for the money! Get the

SpectraView II software for calibration and a supported colorimeter if you don't have

one. Great price on the colorimeter with software. Got mine Friday. Its huge! 97% of

Adobe RGB (1998) gamut. I'm running it on a Mac (doesn't matter really). My

MacPro is driving it AND a 23" Cinema display for palettes on the single video card

(I'm using a 2 x 3 Ghz Deal Core with 10 gigs of Ram.

Buy the Mac if you want a great system that can also run Windows for whatever

reason. The Apple store often has great deals in refurbished MacPro's, that's where I

got my last box (just buy the Ram elsewhere). Or check this site:

dealmac.com/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

The Apple store has the same config I got for about the same price. What's nice is you get the full

warranty of course and the box looks brand new. I've purchased a few refurb's from Apple, expect for

the box which says refurb on it, you'd never know. The money you save will buy a big pile of ram and

maybe another nice big internal drive (which are a breeze to pop in). Its a fast machine and very quite

which I like. The design is beautiful and as I said, you can drive a 30" and at least another display

from the same card, both DVI. I got a 6 gig upgrade for $310 here:http://www.transintl.com/

Its even less today ($282).

Refurbished Mac Pro Quad 3.0GHz Intel Xeon

Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors

2GB (4 x 512MB) memory (667MHz DDR2 fully-buffered DIMM ECC)

250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7200-rpm hard drive

Two 16x SuperDrives (DVD+R DL/DVDᄆRW/CD-RW)

ATI Radeon X1900 XT graphics with 512MB memory

Learn More

Price: $2,299.00

Estimated Ship:

Within 24 hours

Free Shipping

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)