Very upset

reprint

I have to say i am very upset with the server move, Josh. Now i can reach the

site immediately and even have pages load faster than i can get a beer from the

fridge. I am getting a headrush seeing photo after photo after photo. This is

more excitement than i can bear! I am in danger of knocking over my beer.

Also whats with this clean interface? Why cant we have it a nice purple

background with yellow text?

And what ever happened to my request for a category for Taenia proglottid photos

in sepia?

I tell you service today isn't what it used to be. Back in the day, I could take

a photo of a daisy with my Land camera and Bob's your uncle.

Now the eloquent art of complaint writing is in danger of becoming extinct. Such

are the terrible times we live in

It's been such a long week...I actually said to myself "Oh god, what now" before I clicked on the thread.

Happy that it was in jest and even happier that the site is performing well for you. That was the whole point of this gigantic endeavor.

I'd going to go drink a Friday evening happy hour beer now.......

I agree with Barry. The site is becoming more user-friendly all the time. Fast page

loads, easy logical structure making it easy to find exactly what you're hooking for in

a flash (no pun intended).

I think Josh must have the patience of an angel. I don't know that I could deal with

the avalanche of e-mails finding heir way into hi inbox very day. I manage a very

small ( compared to p.net anyway ) so I have first hand experience over something

so simple as deleting a thread that have strayed incredibly afar from where he thread

started.

I think we should all start a collection for free beers at Josh's local tavern and be

very grateful that that we have someone with integrity and a mind sharp enough to

actually try to do some things he can do.

While I'll never turn down a beer collection fund, everyone should remember that photo.net is a team effort. There are a lot of people behind the scenes who make the site what it is. And that is a big difference from years past. When 1.5 people had to do the jobs that are being done by 4-5 people now.

Even if things get slow when upgrades happen, photo.net is really the best thing around and worth waiting for. I'm happy that I stumbled upon photo.net over 10 years ago when the Internet was still very young.

I've occasionally looked at other forums and the civility of photo.net members stands out all the time! I'm proud to be a part of photo.net.

I knew it would get Josh's attention. A huge amount of work has gone into the site and he has fielded all the criticism while the work was being done. So its time for the thanks to be voiced and the glasses to be raised.