Your favorite lens? why?

tdigi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 50/1.8 used to be my walk-around lens, but an acquaintance got me interested in the Tamron 28-75/2.8 a year ago, and now it's what's on my 30D most of the time. The sharpness in glass, the constant 2.8 and the flexibility in range give me what I need most of the time. The fact that Tamron makes it affordable (compared to the Canon equivalents) sold me on it. I wish only that it had image stability.

I'm with Luis - 24mm TS-E (w/ 5D). Amazingly versatile. I've wanted all the TS lenses since I was a kid. OK, I still want 'em all - only have the one so far. Worth the wait. It keeps me interested in wideangle shooting in the first place; otherwise I tend to macro and tele. The shift is handy for 2-frame superwide composites and for panoramas with the horizon off-center, and the tilt allows you to do really fun things with the focal plane. The image quality is superb all around - I don't know why so many reviewers bash this lens, unless I got the only good copy. On the downside, it makes your handy-dandy SLR as balky and cranky as a view camera. :) But as others have pointed out about primes in general, it makes you think before you push that button.

• 1 month later...

Sinh Nhut Nguyen , May 07, 2008; 04:48 a.m.

EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM, I love it when people look at me

Anson Ko , May 07, 2008; 05:29 p.m.

it does not count if you dont' currently own this lens...haha

A reasonable/normal person would know right away that that was joke, of course I don't own the lens, only a handful of them was made