Problem with P5000

rene_theberge

Hi,

About a year ago, I bought a Coolpix P5000 and used it with satisfaction for a few months. However,

due to an increasing work load, I had to put photography aside for the last several months. When I

picked up the camera again recently, I thought I noticed something different. I seem to remember that

when I zoomed out (or in) the lens that the optical viewfinder changed also as does the LCD viewer. It

is not doing that now. Am I misremembering or is something wrong with the camera? I can't find any

reference to this in the manual or in Nikon's advertising or reviews of the camera. Can someone tell me

if I'm getting senile?

Rene

Rene,

You are not getting senile. I have a P5000 as well, and when using zoom the effect of the zoom is shown in both the viewfinder as well as the LCD screen. It wouldn't be very useful if that were not the case since some people prefer the viewfinder over the LCD. You might want to charge your battery to full capacity if you haven't already tried that since it has been sitting up for a few months as you indicated.

Barry