My first development 2nd file

Hey there Frederick,

Well I have to say, the second photo is much better than the first. Looked like you had a bit of camera shake on the first one. It also looks like you might have had a bit of development or fixing issues on the first one, but this one looks good.

Just be careful to remember a few small basics:

1. Always put enough developer in the tank to cover the film, don't worry about having more than enough, its better than the alternative. Won't hurt a bit to fill it almost to the top.

2. Make sure your chems are at the right temps, this can control development speed. SO just make sure your at the reccommended temp, usually 68deg or 20C. That is actually perfectly accurate for ID11.

3. Just prepare. Put your chems in order your going to use them, make yourself a checklist of all of the procedures, such as (Developer ID11 for 11min&20c), then Wash tank 5 times, Fixer (5 min standard fix) then wash 5 times. Those are just examples of things to put on your checklist. Make a good checklist from someone who really knows well what they are doing, run it to kinkos and have it laminated and use it. I have been developing for 22yrs and I still have a checklist I follow even though I can do it blind. I do it anyway, you get one shot!

This Tmax shot was not bad at all..Remember to work on your metering skills, metering highlights, shadows, and developing for what you want when you get the experience.

Basically, Make a good checklist, put your chemicals in the order in which your gonna use them so you don't put FIX in before Dev by accident. And most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Have a bunch of FUN, its a great process and welcome to processing!

Send us some more examples and keep up the work! Practice in this field does make perfect!

Take care and welcome to a beautiful process! Good work!

Luke

Dear Luke,

I think on the first file there are quite a few jpg artifacts, the negative is not so bad. The shake is there because it was done with a Holga!

I always use the recommended quantity of deveoper written on the tank.

Developing is a lot of fun, I hope to start printing soon as well!

Fred