How NOT to attract critiques

Lemon or critiques?

Pete, Inviting to the portfolio is through the impact of the posted pic but not with the sentence. If the posted pic is strong then my next click will be on the "view portfolio tab". Thats how it works for me.

LEMON "I know lot many Indian girls who put lemon in everything"

I always ask for thoughts when posting... I wish more people would take the time to answer. I always try to leave something constructive when someone asks, even if it is just my HUMBLE opinion. As far as lemons go I think Led Zeppelin said it best "Squeeze my lemon til' the....." If you know the song you know the rest!

Per, i would be interested to know more about the other sites you refer to. i like the idea that

you can't rate without critique. the thing i like most about PN is the exchange. i haven't found

another site yet that allows for much more than "it rocks" or something inane.

Gordon: Sure, but unless you're around 18 those girls won't serve much purpose, will they? ;)

Anothony: Issue? What issues? No issues here at least. ;)

On topic: I agree that's those kind of comments are annoying, although I gotta say I don't see them very often. Same goes for comments that end with "now critique mine" and stuff like that.

Well I am learning, being a novice and putting photos up for critique all the time. I was wondering if there is a better time to post for more critiques. Maybe most people are sleeping when I post? Last one I posted got 4 ratings....but they had mid to high 5s. One more and it would have been on best pictures of the day....darn, only 4. Maybe if I would have said something like "Hey, look at these Lemons"

Linda, try www.photosic.com. There you have to write at least 15 words befoe your critique is

accepted, and you can't rate without critiquing.You also get critique points that allows you to

post more pictures. www.fanartreview.com is a site where I usually get from 10-30 critiques

per picture. Here you earn "member dollars" for each review, and your reviewer rating also

improves when you write more reviews. These two sites have pictures of varying quality -

from very good to mediocre - but I have found that I learn a lot more than here, and I also

learn much more about what to look for in a picture when I am reviewing.