short1

When attempting to upload,I almost invariably rceive an error message regarding

the size of the photo, even when my processing program indicates that

I'm within the permissible parameters. Yet more frustrating, when I attempt

to post, I receive a server error message: The AOL server ( though I enter

the site from the MSN browser, I assume that your intermal browser is

subserved by AOL )cannot locate the URL of your upload server. This is very

frustrating, and discourages me, after 4 or 5 attempts to upload, to

simply give up. Can you idntify the problem suggest a solution?

Thanks, C. Unger, M.D., Col. USAF

(Ret)

Images now need to be smaller than 1500 pix on the longest side. This is

to reduce server load from people who were uploading giant pictures

without resizing at all. There is no reason to upload an image for web

display that is over 1500 pix. I upload my photo.net gallery images at

750pix on the longest side.

As for the AOL thing, the concept of an "AOL server" has nothing actually to do with the ISP America Online (at least not in the way most people think). We are not connected with America Online in any way. I'm not sure what to make of the error message you are seeing. I'll point a programmer at this message, but they may need mroe information. As I'm not hearing other complaints about the issue, chances are good that the problem is on your end somewhere.

Also, I have no idea what you tried to attach to this post. But uploading anything other than JPG images is asking for trouble with the server.

Photo net uses the AOLserver software. AOLserver is like Apache or the Windows webserver. It's simply the software that conrols the server hardware. It's called AOLserver because AOL also uses it and owns it, though it an open source project, available to anyone to use for free. Before AOL bought the company that developed it, it was called Naviserver.

Atempting to upload an image in pspimage format will almost certainly cause you grief. Try Jpeg. While I can read your file using Paint Shop Pro, the photo.net software has no idea what it is.

To the above: I appreciate the answers you provided. Unfortunately, they may be of limited use, as my jpeg images can't get past the AOL server either ; and 'Jamie 2' was redesignated jpg.The size of the upload above is 1.46 MB,480x643 pixels @ 116 pixels/inch.On the other hand , it was resized on PSP, as were other images,and Bob and Barry were able to download and view once the designation was changed,so that must be it: All the photos I'm resizing with PSP are having the.psp exxtention slapped onto them,which is occult when the image is brought up in My Documents\ My Pictures -only .jpg is revealed.Thanks guys...this was driving me crazy.

Craig

Well... Craig is not the only person having a problem with up-loading!

I have tried many times over the last 36 hours to up-load a single image, 640x800 @ 200 dpi ~ 430 KB. I keep getting some network data flow then a long pause followed by a Sever Reset while page loading error.

Hmmmm...................

I just tried to attach the file referenced above to that response, but got the same error message from the server. I deleted the attachment info and all went through.

BTW - I also tried up-loading with my firewall off, to no avail.