1. Planar 80 F2.8 T*

2. Distagon 50 f4 T*

3. Sonnar 150 f4 T*

I have never used any filters on them as I thought I had to get Hasselblad

filters which are really hard to get for me

I recently found that there are ebay adaptors which I can make use of my normal

screw mount filters for my Nikons.

But the issue is I don't know what size are these lenses as in their

diameter... they are not written on any part of the lenses.

I have visited the Hasselblad website and found these info:

1. 80 lens Ø60

2. 50 lens Ø70

3. 150 lens Ø60

But these are new Hasselblad lenses and I am not sure whether my older lenses

have the same diameter. what do you guys think?

Also does Ø60 means the same thing as the B60? as there are some B60, B70 to

77mm filters on ebay...

Also strangely, my 150 f4 takes a screw 67mm Hoya filter and it's not the same

bayonet design...

sorry to be so clumsy... please let me know if i haven't explained clearly...

Thanks for any input!

Zane

Yes the 80 , and 150 if "C" type with synchro compur printed on the barrel are bay 50 also

called bay 57 (B57). These filters are bayonet type as you know but the adapters you find

on ebay etc can sometimes be a poor fit. I had a bay 50 to 52mm that was a pain to

remove and fit too tightly.

I didn't check where you live but Ebay has B50/B57 Hasselblad filters for cheap these days

if you are patient. I got all mine for 5-10 USD and I wait till I find a buyer who isn't

gauging on shipping.

Now for your 50 Distagon is Bay 63 (series 8 will work) that is close to 67mm and some

people get away with a 67mm. I just get series 8 drop ins and use the filter retaining rig

that is extra but cheap.

Dont know what is going on with your 150 Sonnar but it is supposed to be Bay50/B57 if it

say synchro compur on it.

thanks ...

i found this guy on ebay - can i get his B50 to 52mm? and use a step up ring from 52mm to 77mm (i got one)

But one thing I don't understand, i just had a look at my 80 and 150 again, the front element is about the size of a 58mm filter. if i have a B50 to 52mm (even 55mm), i will be covering up most of the lens??

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Fototalia-Online-Store_Filter-Adapter-Rings_For-Hasselblad_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7859761QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I used a straight Bay 50 to 52 on my 80 and 150 without vignetting but if you start

stacking adapters you may run into trouble with the 80mm.

I had the 50 to 52mm adapter, one varieing filter for B&W work and then a screw on

lenshood on top of the filter and I was pushing things on the 80mm as far as vignetting

goes.

The field of view on the 150 should be okay with your setup and the 80 should be okay

with a 77 depending on the adapters.

Yo may not be able to see a tiny bit of vignetteing through the finder depending on what

you are using.

Sorry I cant say yea or nay you will need to try it.

Thanks Bruce again... i can see what you are saying there. The only thing i don't get is why the 80 and 150 lenses have a front element which have a size of about a 58mm.

As there are so many versions of Hasselblad lenses out there, i am just confused as to whether there are versions with a B50 size filter and other versions with a B60 size...

Stay away from the 52 mm filters. Though some people do indeed report they do not vignet, they are too small. The "50" in the bayonet size name might suggest you can get away with such small filtters, but the true size of Hasselblad's bayonet 50 is shown in Zeiss' name for the same size: B57. And these lenses do need filters that size.<br><br>Hasselblad bayonet 50 (B50) filters are easy to find, and cheap. So there is no need to try anything else anyway.

Thanks Q.G. knew I could rely on you for clarification. I gave up the adapter route because as

Mr.de Bakker mentions the Hasselblad B57 filters have become so plentiful and cheap on the

used market and the are so much more convenient and you still can use the Hasselblad lens

hoods etc that are bayonet.

Much better solution, just go with the original.