Deleted Threads question

laurent-paul

Just wondering : when a thread is deleted by the moderators because of an wrong

comment, is the one person responsible for that comment notified ? or do all the

members who posted on that thread have to wonder if they wrote anything wrong ?

Are threads deleted for other reasons than "bad behaviour" of one member ?

thanks

laurent

Typically whole threads are not deleted because of one post within that thread (unless of course, that one post was the original post).

If an individual post is deleted, moderators usually send an explanation why to that specific poster. If a whole thread is deleted, only the thread starter gets the notification. It would be unreasonable to expect that everyone who posted to a thread get an email.

While nobody is perfect, our moderators do a very good job at keeping things on task. If a thread was deleted, I stand behind their decision as time has proven over and over that there was probably a very good reason for that deletion.

Josh,

I was only wondering because of a thread which was removed shortly after an answer I made, and knowing my frenchy way of wrtting in english, I was affraid I may have written unintentionaly something which was not fitting the site's politics, and if that was the case I only wanted to be sure I would receive some ASBO notification.

I completely understand it is not possible to send an email to every participants in a thread, and I have to say I'm really impressed bu all the work you all do here as moderators. This was never in question.

thanks you very much for your clarifications

laurent