'Notify me of Responses' does not work

yakim_peled1

Do you mean that your web browser doesn't DO anything when you click on the link, or that it does, but you don't seem to be getting any e-mail, later on? You might want to make sure that your e-mail software or provider have photo.net-related email whitelisted so that it's not marked as spam, and check your junkmail folder, to be sure.

Yakim,

I also use CCleaner on my system and it has never affected me at all. I do use Vista on my laptop however, but I have XP on my desktop and it doesn't affect that system either.

Hard to say why it is giving you a problem. I do however use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE6 and IE7 because I do find Firefox to be much more stable and I have always had less issues with it.

You could try that and see if maybe it helps but honestly I am not 100% positive what would cause it. Hopefully changing browsers may help you but if not I hope you figure the issue out.

Good luck!

JW

Yakim - in my work and I personally know of friends in 3 other Forune-50 companies, who have PN blocked. I tried to find out why and the reason I found is PN has *offending* nude photos available, which is against corp. policies, thus blocked. Go figure....;)

Yakim (and any tech who is reading this thread) - The exact same thing is currently

happening to me... I have clicked the "notify me of responses" button on a couple of

threads, and the blue writing has disappeared on those thread - meaning it has

recognized my request. Even though new posts are appearing, I have received not one e-

mail notification.

I suspect it is not an issue with our e-mail programs if it is happening to a few of us...

Any ideas photo.net?

Well, I did get an e-mail. Subject: Your question on photo.net. Content: The thread below has been moved or recategorized by a moderator of the forum you originally posted to:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00P67k

That proves to me that the problem is only relates to the 'Notify me of Responses' section.

Happy shooting,

Yakim.