So I am curious if anyone has tried having the local drugstore or 1hr photo

place cross process any of their film? I am somewhat interested in trying cross

processing some slide film, but I don't have my own dark room, and I prefer not

to send it out to a prolab. Heck I would prefer going as cheap as I can with my

first couple of attempts at least.

So, anyone ever tried it before? Were they willing to run it through their

machines? Any luck with results?

Thanks.

sometimes the local 1 hour labs will process e-6( slide) films and even kodachome as c-41. they don't plan it they just do.

it's possible and likely it will contaminate the line and require a major claenup. if the operators aren't sharp, it may mean many others will lose the phot's.

for the same reason don't try to save money by buying a 100 foot roll of c-41 film unless you plan to do it yourself.

i've done it a bunch of times. just write c-41 process on the envelope you drop the film off in. if you have prints made don't be too concerned about how they look (they can get really funky looking). they always comes out diferently. you'll have to scan the negs to really see how it's turned out.

You don't need a dark room to process film. That's a big missconception. You need a dark room for prints not film development.

All you need for C41 is a tetenal chemical kit $30, a plastic processing tub $30 and a film changing bag $15. Some beakers for mixing and a thermometer, that's it.

Try bhphotovideo.com. Once you have the negatives done yourself, you can go just about anywhere to get prints, just tell them no color correction and you'll have your cross processed prints.