Blad V system sales

alan_higgins

They still make the v-system, including a digital back (the cfv). Not much innovation or

new products, but I don't think the system needs anything new really. I love my 501cm's

and lenses, and I think it's the perfect MF system for my needs. It's still an extensive

system with lots of lenses and acccessories, it's compatible with pretty much every digital

back ever made, and these days the prices aren't too bad, when you consider what the

stuff sold for when it was new.

I've bought most of my gear on the auction site or at keh, which is pretty reliable and has

a good selection.

There's just something special about a square image, and the gear is bulletproof and as

far as I know will be serviceable for quite some time.

Thanks for the replies

Noah, do you know where they sell new blads V's from I had a look at UK suppliers and couldn't find out much? I'm not worried about digital as I won't be changing to that rubbish until the fires of hell freeze over first.

Thanks

Alan

The UK importer has a shop in the London area for used and demo items.

If I remember correctly the import is located in Hempstead.

The UK is still a strong export market for Hasselblad along with some countries on the continent.

It is a good time now as any to replace older lenses with the latest versions. They are available at friendly prices.

One large reseller was offering all V series demo lenses at 1/3

of the list price.

Alan,

Try the Pro Centre in London. It also rents out tons of equipment for professionals and always has some used V equipment for sale. Would echo the comments above about the V system (am 203 & 205 owner myself) but would encourage you to rent a CFV for two days. I'm a huge film fan (25 Kodachrome stocked in the freezer, love large format b&w), but the M8 and CFV are incredibly good and really challenge your (naturally strongly held) positions. Anyhow, the Pro Centre is highly recommended...

Cheers,

Steve