What happens if I don't renew?

iancoxleigh

What happens if I don't renew? My membership runs out tomorrow and I've been

toying with not renewing. I have a lot of images I've never submitted for

critique. So, I am well over what my quota would have been without a membership.

Except, that I have been quiet active on the forums and in critiquing as well so

i might be granted some extra allocation because of that (if I recall the rules

correctly).

Is there any way to see what my quotas would be? What happens to the images I

have currently posted? Will I have time to choose what needs to come down if I

am over what I would be allowed?

Thanks you in advance for your answers. I thought this might be of interest to

others which is why I have made a posting instead of an email.

"What happens if I don't renew?"

The photo.net police will come to your house and "pursuade" you to change your mind...

On a more serious note, nothing will happen on the day your subscription expires, however at some point in the future your space allocation may be reduced, taking some of your images with it. If and when that may happen is a risk you are taking if you decide not to renew.

I don't think there's a specific time and date when that will happen, but I suspect that if a disk is filling up, a process might be run to recover space, and if you are over your quota then you will lose some of your images. Images and ratings/critiques that are deleted cannot be recovered.

If it's worth $25 to make sure they stay in place, you should subscribe. If it's not worth $25, then you can just take your chances!

I don't know exactly what the current allocation for non-subscribers is. I suspect that Josh does and will let you know. Normally you'd be given time to chose which images to remove in order to get down to your allowed quota.