Online Storefronts and websites

I am looking into setting up a storefront and a website.

Obviously there are many to choose from.

I was hoping that I could get some feedback on some of the ones that are out

there right now. Pricing, printing, and any sites to stay away from.

I have heard alot about smugmug and printroom.

If anyone can post a link to their site it would be greatly appreciated also.

thanks

I use Smugmug and LOVE them. Check out my site at <a href="http://www.samellis.com" target="_blank">Sam Ellis Photography</a>.

I personally love the customization that can be achieved without having to muddle through Dreamweaver. They've got great support online and there's an awesome forum for asking questions.

I used to use Printroom, but they changed their layout about a year ago and I hate it. The image quality is poor, you can't customize the site yourself, and their management software is crappy. All personal opinion mind you.

I haven't heard too many nice things about Pictage, ephotolab looks interesting but seems to lack customization, exposuremanager looked good but you had to pay them to customize.

Like I said, I love SM. The only other company I would use right now would be to create a custom shopping cart and have a lab like Miller's or WHCC do the prints.

I used to have an html website with SM as my gallery and shopping cart, but have moved everything to SM now.

Use my email sam(at)samellis.com to get $5 off the sign-up fee. Try them out for ten days and see if you like them.

Sam