Using only Fuji 800 like Corrivetti?

In the recently published book of four seasons' photographs of Venice by the

late Leonard Freed (in B&W) and Italian photographer Claudio Corrivetti (in

colour), it states that Freed used only Tri-X and Corrivetti used

only "Fujicolorpress 800". From dull weather in winter to bright sun in

summer, the colour photographs as reproduced in the book have quite saturated

but not over-garish colours and I like that look. Can anyone tell me which of

Fuji's current film names in the UK corresponds to Fujicolorpress 800 and is

any other reader using that film as standard?

Thanks Philip

Though some resist, I still believe it's Superia 800 from the edge codes. 800 Press is also available only in 36 exp. rolls(Superia is 24).You'll also get the "prime cut" argument that Press is spooled from the centre of large rolls--again, utter BS IMHO. Its "look" varies somewhat with ISO rating--works best for me rated at 500-640. I prefer it and Superia 200 over Fuji's consumer 100 and 400ISO C41 films.

It's Fujicolor Press 800, not Fujicolorpress 800. It's sold in the U.S. as Fujicolor Press 800 or Fuji Press 800 (also in 400 and 1600 varieties) and I'm not aware that Fuji gives its film different names in different countries. Product coding between the Fuji Press products and Fuji Superia products appears to be the same for at least some of the ISO speeds. Whether they are the same I don't know, but I can't see much difference looking at the two. Superia and Press are both of the snappy contrasty, saturated family and as opposed to the lower contrast, more color neutral family of portrait and wedding films.

I have used it a my sole film on 1 european vacation, and it worked out great. I came away so impressed by the film: great colors, so fast, and fine grain - you would never know it was 800 speed. Does grainless 8x12's from 35mm. Have not taken it larget, but sure you could easily do 11x14. I think it is one of the most under rated films out there. This or 400UC can easily be used as your only film for pretty much any event.

Though it's not the exact same film, I've been using Fuji 800Z, the "professional" 800 speed

film for most of my color work. I overexpose it one stop (rate it at 400 on my meter) and it

looks great, very low grain and good color, saturated but in a nice mellow way if that makes

any sense. I've used it in 35 and 120 and like it for both.