Unable to critique - Getting error message

I will see if I can find someone awake to look at the issue.

Here is the error:

ora8.c:4965:lob_dml_cmd: error in `OCIStmtExecute ()': ORA-01653: unable to extend table PHOTONET.GENERAL_COMMENTS by 4096 in tablespace PHOTONET

SQL: insert into general_comments ( comment_id, on_what_id, user_id, on_which_table, content, ip_address, comment_date, approved_p, html_p, one_line ) values ( 6117494, 7076272, 888636, 'ph_photos', empty_clob(), '208.12.89.18', sysdate, 't', 'f', 'Ton,' ) returning content into :1

Me too. Message I get on my own or others when I comment and hit Confirm is:

Error in inserting comment

We were unable to insert your comment in the database. Here is the error that was returned:

ora8.c:4965:lob_dml_cmd: error in `OCIStmtExecute ()': ORA-01653: unable to extend table PHOTONET.GENERAL_COMMENTS by 4096 in tablespace PHOTONET

SQL:

insert into general_comments (

comment_id,

on_what_id,

user_id,

on_which_table,

content,

ip_address,

comment_date,

approved_p,

html_p,

one_line

) values (

'ph_photos',

empty_clob(),

'71.195.96.27',

sysdate,

't',

'f',

'Pnina' )

returning

content into :1

Just a guess but a quick web search seems to indicate that during the past couple of weeks there has been a worldwide informal contest among hackers to exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities throughout the web.

Dunno whether this is malicious or intended to reveal vulnerabilities to webmasters. It has brought down some sites and interfered with others. WordPress photo albums appear to have been particularly vulnerable to this exploit.

Search "hackturkiye" and "SQL injection vulnerability".

Still happening Josh, if you don't already know...here is the Error message for me ..it that helps any...<br>

Error in inserting comment<br><br>

We were unable to insert your comment in the database.<br>

Here is the error that was returned:<br>

ora8.c:4965:lob_dml_cmd: error in `OCIStmtExecute ()': ORA-01653: unable to extend table PHOTONET.GENERAL_COMMENTS by 4096 in tablespace PHOTONET<br><br>

SQL:<br>

insert into general_comments (<br>

comment_id, <br>

on_what_id, <br>

user_id, <br>

on_which_table, <br>

content, <br>

ip_address, <br>

comment_date, <br>

approved_p,<br>

html_p, <br>

one_line<br>

) values (<br>

6117915, <br>

6716482, <br>

2160230, <br>

'ph_photos', <br>

empty_clob(), <br>

'87.194.44.225', <br>

sysdate, <br>

't', <br>

'f', <br>

NULL ) <br>

returning <br>

content into :1<br>

Again, cryptic message:

Error in inserting comment

We were unable to insert your comment in the database. Here is the error that was returned:

SQL:

comment_id,

on_what_id,

user_id,

on_which_table,

content,

ip_address,

comment_date,

approved_p,

html_p,

one_line

) values (

'ph_photos',

empty_clob(),

'91.20.77.82',

sysdate,

't',

'f',

NULL )

returning

with TIME OUT all day long( it is friday and not Thursday )and this one:

SQL:

comment_id,

on_what_id,

user_id,

on_which_table,

content,

ip_address,

comment_date,

approved_p,

html_p,

one_line

) values (

'ph_photos',

empty_clob(),

'89.138.111.149',

sysdate,

't',

'f',

'Thanks all of you, ' )

returning

PN is not functioning!

Josh, can we get any answer Please? what are the problem, and what is done to resolve the it?

Thanks.

Yes, and Jin believes that the full database is being caused by some sort of abuse. It's funny that you think you know more than the guys who run the site. This isn't some php board on a shared discount server. We have people who know what they are doing. That is why they have their jobs.

Just to clarify, yes, the proximate cause was that the database tablespace was full for the

comments table. We try to allocate enough space for foreseeable usage, which is why I

suspected "possible" abuse as the underlying factor. We did have a round of comment abuse

earlier this week, which I cleared up. Due to the way that the database allocates storage

however, not all of that space could be recovered. We've now allocated some more space and

instituted close monitoring, which should tide us over until we upgrade all the hardware.

Good point Gordon. My prior knowledge of the comment abuse from earlier this week obviously isn't something that Xiao would have known.

In any case, just trust Jin when he says something about the site. And trust me that I'll get the right people working on whatever problem we all run into.