Pro4uM Worth the $?

• 2 weeks later...

Karen,

I joined the Prof4um recently. The forum members seem to be more professionally experienced and settled into photography careers than those you might find as a general cross section on photo.net. To that end, you find forum topics that deal a lot more with the day to day problems of running a studio, marketing,advertising, etc.. Not that there aren't some flighty comments at times because there are. However, there doesn't seem to be questions like " help I'm a newbie shooting my first wedding this Saturday, what lens and flash should I use?". Amateurs aren't going to drop $250.00 to join a web site. Most of the work I've seen exhibited on the site is extremely good and indicative of photographers who are well trained and experienced.

I spent some time there today using the search feature to get invaluable info on marketing to seniors that you just wouldn't find here.

I haven't had the chance to fully explore the site, yet, so I really can't say much more with any authority. Time will tell whether it is worth the money.