Jobo Question

Hello Everyone,

I want to use the Jobo 2521 tank to process some 120 film. When I size down the reel, it seems to be

just a little too big. As well, even if it did fit, the molding of the reel would not seem to accommodate the

120 film. I bought this tank to process 4x5 film. Do I need another reel, or am I missing something?

Thank you!

It is my impression that the reel you used for 4X5 can be downsized for use with 2 1/4X3 1/4 sheet film. I don't see how this reel could accommodate 120 roll film.

As an aside, I gave the 2521 tank a good workout with the loader system. I finally gave up. A fellow in New Zealand suggested using the 3010 Expert Tank for 4X5 saying that this tank was a snap to load. The 3010 tank is very expensive, but it really eliminated the frustration. It was worth every penny (or dollar!).

I use this reel for 4x5 and can't possibly see how it could be used for roll film. You need

the Jobo 2502 reel for roll film if you plan on using the 2521 tank. I've never used the

2500 series for roll film as I have many 1500 series tanks and reels.

Bruce I initially had problems loading 4x5 on the reel, even with the loading device, but I

eventually got the hang of it. However I am certainly eyeing the 3010 expert tank, as it

seems that it would be easier.

The Expert Tank 3010 handles up to 10 sheets of 4X5 film. It does need a device to remover the top (a pump). Finally, the film needs another way to be washed. I have a Gravity Wash system with a sheet film holder that works very well. All in all, the entire system works very well. Now that the cash is long gone, the ease of processing seems worth the investment.

The other big plus of the 3010 is that it takes only 210 ml of chemicals. That is quite a remarkable feature.