Trying to find a Plumbing Logo for a Family Business

kellen1

This is a question about Graphic Art/Logo design

My sister is trying to find a logo for her family Business Beck Plumbing. It

is a large plumbing company that mostly does new construction, not a "leaky

faucet repair man" kind of plumber. She worked with a professional graphic

designer and he created this logo for her company.

She is not happy with it, at all. She does not think that it looks "strong

enough" and both her and I hate the typeface, not to mention the fact that the

color of the typeface does not match the logo.

It is very important to her that she incorperate "Established in 1972" to the

design because she wants everyone to know that this is a well established

company. We need something simple that will be easily read on the back of a T

Shirt, but we do need a logo, we were thinking of a fish (because they swim in

water) or a Deer (the Company was founded by "Buck" Beck).

Any help would be appreciated, I am attaching what the professional idea was.

Please e mail me any ideas or a good program to work with so that we could

design it ourselves, send them to kellenimages@gmail.com

Thank You<div>00Obnr-42007584.jpg.9082bce12f7376ad95336f3109ce0ea5.jpg</div>

Hi. I happen to be a graphic artist. I really like the letter B in the design. I would leave that part alone. I would try a more formal font. The one shown seems too friendly and a bit stale in my opinion. I think it should be more prominent and business-like since it is a technical, expertise-oriented industry.

You might try using the B as the first letter in 'Beck' with the word plumbing underneath, keeping the B nice and large so it stands out.

I took quite a few graphic design classes in college. A good program to use is Adobe Illustrator. As with anything in design, it's important to really rack your brain for ideas, try to come up with 50-100 thumbnail sketches before narrowing it down. The logo you have now isn't bad, but I totally agree that it needs to stronger. I would try simply making the B and P bolder and thicker, and shrinking the relative size of the serifs/pipe ends on the letters. Is it too late to work with the designer? Your sister should not have ok'd this final design if she wasn't happy.

It is a long time since I was a printer. However, I would say think hard about what you really want. The above logo which incorporates B and P is OK as a general logo, but it could just as well apply to a real estate firm or a lawyer instead of something useful like a plumber.

Do you need something that shouts Plumbing if you aren't a general jobbing plumber 'plying for hire'. If you usually work on substantial prearranged jobs then it probably isn't necessary to have a plumbing wrench, pipes or something similar as a logo. So, your deer, preferably leaping, would be as good as anything; and people will probably wonder 'Why a deer?' Which means that you have passed rule no. 1 'get noticed'.

So, possibly a simple silhouette of a deer leaping over the words 'est 1972' with Beck Plumbing underneath. The colours and typeface are entirely up to you.

Most of the better photo editing or desktop publishing programmes would make this a very easy task.

To get the look I'm thinking of:<p/>Build a logo similar to that one out of DWV pipe. Maybe add a 'P'. Photograph it. PS it to make it look like a digital logo. Leave it black or make white like PVC pipe.<p/>With the housing situation like it is and especially new construction, maybe a logo that says 'Will plumb for food." ? <p/><p/>Kidding. I'm a little down on the economy myself.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this project, I will keep you posted! If anyone has any more ideas, they can always be sent to kellenimages@gmail.com. If we use your design, we will certainly work out a way for you to be fairly compensated.