Lightroom Actions & Export order

I'm trying to find a lightroom keyboard shortcut that allows me to toggle to the

"hand" tool when I'm using the spot healing brush. I have a list of the

keyboard shortcuts, but cant find one that allows me to toggle to the hand tool

. . . Anyone have any clue?

Also, is there a way to adjust the export order? When I set up a series of

shots for export, I put them in the order that I would like them to appear in

the folder once exported, but they alway end up, in the export folder, out of

order after the export is complete, any ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts and time. . .

Tony

For ordering the export, select all the images you want to export and create a Collection

with them. Sort them into the order you want them to be, then export them (I usually have

the name pattern set to [custom text]-[sequence]-[filename-numeric part] so that I can

use whatever file system browser I want after that and get them into the order I want by

filename).

With the spot healing brush selected, in "fit to window" view mode the spacebar brings up

the magnifying glass to zoom in. In zoomed in mode, the spacebar switches to the hand

to allow you to move around the image. Is that what you were looking for?

Godfrey

yes, thank you both so much, I'll try all of what you suggested. I'm so happy to have help from you two, thanks!

One more thing, do you know where the catalogs are stored? I recently lost two of them (really, i dont know what happened but LR no longer gives me the option to select them upon startup)? At the same time, I lost my custom settings to my header - it no longer says, "FinalShot Photography" in the LR window anymore, it's back to it's standard "adobe photoshop LIGHTROOM 1.3" configuration. . . strange. . .

Glad that helped.

A Lightroom catalog (database) is always named "Lightroom Database.lrcat". The enclosing

directory name is the name you gave it when you created it. So you can use a file system

search to locate all "Lightroom Database.lrcat" files on your system, and then look at what

the path there is.

(BTW: The currently open database is always findable in the file system by using the Show

button in the Catalog Settings - General panel. That pushes you back to the operating

system file browser with the window open on the current catalog directory.)

Godfrey

Actually, all catalog files are either something.lrcat, or something.lrdb (if they were created by version 1.0 or earlier). They're not all called "Lightroom Database", you can call it whatever you want.

And while I'm following up to this thread, another shortcut -- you can just use the N key as a toggle, rather than Escape and N.

Mark, thanks for the correction! I hadn't noticed that with the latest version of Lightroom it

reflects the name of the enclosing directory on the .lrcat as well ... I guess I created all of the

ones I have on my system back when Lightroom was v1.0 and it simply updated them

without renaming them. Or something like that.

Godfrey