Organizer."<br>

<br>

The raw files from 5D work fine.<br>

<br>

Any ideas?<br>

<br>

Thanks!<br>

Alan</p>

If you can open the ".mov" files with DPP, try making a copy of one of the files, then renaming the copy with a ".cr2" extension... then convert it to a DNG with Adobe DNG Converter. If you don't have it, you can download the Mac version here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh

and the Windows version here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

RAW captures from cameras are only supported by versions of photoshop that are newer than the camera. My first digital was the Rebel XTi. Elements 5 came out at about the same time and would not support the XTi's raw format. I had to download a plug-in. However, the 5D has been around much longer so Elements 5 recognizes RAW from the 5D. Think of JPEG as a universal file, much like a PDF (though not exactly). RAW is more like a specific program/dedicated file. Try opening a file from Publisher in Word, and unless you have done fancy things in the saving, you can't do it. Get the plug-in and you should be good to go.

RAW images from the 40D cannot be opened by PS Elements 6.0 . As Ken suggests convert the RAW to DNG and then you should be able to work within Elements OK.

I have a 40D and have stopped using RAW at the moment as none of the conversion programs have been as user friendly as the original Raw Shooter Essentials I used on my 20D RAW images. Great shame really as it's a great camera otherwise.

• 3 months later...

I encountered a similar problem with PS Elements 5, but with the Rebel XTI. The original package did not include the

RAW converter, but once I installed it I was fine. This solution came from Adobe's tech support. Just two days ago I

converted to PS Elements 6.0 and guess what... Some of the RAW (CR2) files aren't visible. I wrote to tech support

and still waiting for a response.

Were you able to resolve the problem you encountered? It seems similar to what I'm experiencing although different

cameras.