Ban sunsets?

ken munn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<i> <b> Younes Bounhar, Feb 18, 2008; 10:30 a.m.

I think you should visit some galleries here such as Marc Adamus' and David Clapp's, then you tell me that sunsets are cheap tricks...Sunsets and sunrises just happen to give you dramatic lighting which can turn a good landscape into a great one...taking a good landscape photo at sunset is not easy feat...

</i> </b>

<br>

<br>

Precisely. I was going to use those exact same photographers as examples as well. Some people just make some idiotic statements.

Ban sunsets?

You asked.

My answer : by all means, ban SUNSETS! Then we would never become tired, never have to go to

sleep, and tax day (= April 15th) would never come. GREAT idea.

Unintended consequence: No more sunrises and we would miss the chance to photograph these

lovely sunrises. Now that is a definite NO!

I, we all want to photograph sunrises, definitely.

Sorry, Ken, not well thought through, I am afraid. Now go to sleep. the sun will soon set anyway

... And this inglorious post will be deleted after one, two or at most three more glorious

sunsets. Lord have mercy, how lucky we will be then!

In printing for the public; Customer #27 thinks their sunset,dog, or whatever is art; and customer #113's sunsets, dog or whatever should be used to line birdcages. BUT Customer #113 says their work is fineart; and #27's is manure. Many folks consider their sunsets as fine art. Like bad BO you think the other chap stuff stinks; not you. Its interesting.

Ken

You obviously have not the slightest clue what you are talking about. Go take your Fisher-Price and try it. Sunsets are among the most challenging subjects for any photographer. Juha, at least you have some nice photos in your portfolio. It becomes even more disappointing that you make such an ignorant comment!

While you are at it, why not ban God, the Creator, the Master Painter who makes each spectacular sunset?

You know, sunsets will be here long after you are dead and gone....Maybe we should ban you?

Yinka

Yinka, I wasn't all that serious. It's only half truth what I wrote. The truth is that sunsets are easy to shoot, the truth is they are beautiful and no one is banning them. Personally, having shot sunsets a few times, I find no real challenge in them. They turn out good too easily.<p>

Ignorant? I'd like to point out that not all people are religious but base their world on scientific fact rather than subjective belief. Belief is not knowing, it is believing. Mind you, could you tell me which God it is who paints the sunsets in your opinoin - the christian God, the jewish God, the Allah, the Buddha, Zeus, Venus or any of the million ones that the man's creative fearing mind has created.