Leica M6ttl - battery drain

Looking for a new battery tomorrow. The battery finally died again...

Found this: <a href="http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003Eto">Greenspunn Link on M-battery drain</a>.

I am actually starting to wonder if my M does not use more than usual for this camera. How often do you change batteries? For me they seem to last 2 months.

I have two M6TTL bodies, and the batteries in them have been working for about a year. I

usually turn them off when I store them. Granted, if I'm using the camera, I simply never

turn it off, but once I'm done, I do.

Your camera seems to have other problems triggered by the cold. Did it always drain

batteries? If no, you will have to send it for diagnosis and repair. Rest assured it'll return

behaving normally (I speak from experience with repairing Leicas). Take care!

Christian, implement the suggestion I made earlier and see how it goes. Also, I haven't seen a huge difference between Li and Silver batteries in M6 or my nikon F3. Both batteries should last about a year or so in a non-professional use.

I am in a northern country and it's pretty cold around here in winter, never been bothered by it on my outdoors adventures with M6.

I highly doubt you have a defective camera aside from this bad design in battery chamber. The pattern you mention is similar to what I had.

koorus

• 2 weeks later...