Hartblie 2x Teleconverter

wil_ussery

I presume this is optically the same as the Kiev Arsenal 2X converter, which is quite good (at least mine is). Note that it is a P-6 mount converter sold with a Mamiya adaptor, so it allows you to use Zeiss Jena, Schneider, and Ukranian P6 mount lenses on your Mamiya. AFAIK you can only use these lenses by manually stopping down the diaphragm--you loose the automatic diaphragm function. I guess you can also mount these lenses directly without the converter. The converter will NOT fit Mamiya mount lenses.

FWIW I bought a 30 mm Arsat Fisheye lens from this dealer a few years ago without any problems.

If I read DVD Tech's description correctly, this teleconverter will only allow the use of P-6 mount (i.e. Kiev 60 or Pentacon Six) lenses on a Mamiya. I think it comes with a P-6 lens to Mamiya 645 camera adaptor. If it also has a Mamiya lens to P-6 mount camera adaptor it would work, but I don't think it does, nor do i think that such a thing exists.I may be wrong, so I think you should ask the seller. In my experience they are a reputable company and I don't think they'll steer you wrong.

If all you want is to put it between a Mamiya lens and a Mamiya 645, then I can certainly recommend a Kenko Teleplus like this one on eBay 110220960017. (Std. disclaimer). I have one for my Hassie and one for my Mamiya and have a P6 to Mamiya adapter to use P6 lenses on my Mamiya (fantastic, by the way).

I don't know how the Kenko telextendeer compares to the Hartblei, but if it retains automatic diaphragm operation on Wil's Mamiya it's probably a better choice.

I agree with Chauncy that there are many great P-6 mount lenses and an inexpensive Mamiya mount adaptor is available. The downside is that you loose the automatic diaphragm. There is a German company that lists an AUTOMATIC P-6 to Mamiya adaptor, but I think it's just "vapor ware"--at least they never responded to my inquiry. If such a thing were available, I'd seriously consider buying a Mamiya 645 body for my P-6 lenses, although my Arax 60 has been very reliable.

Yes, the Kenko retains automatic diaphragm operation and it is a 6 element multicoated optic with traditional Japanese quality control (something I'm afraid I can't say about soviet optics in my experience.)

And, Robert, stop down metering works fine on the 645 and you wouldn't believe the results from the 300 f/4 MC Sonnar with the Kenko.

Chauncy--I wasn't concerned about stop down METERING--I prefer a separate meter anyway.I was concerned about no automatic diaphragm--having to stop the lens down to shooting aperture by counting click stops when I'm not using it wide open.

I'm sure the 300 mm Sonnar does a great job. I'd get one for my Arax 60 if I could afford the chiropractor bills :-)[it's VERY HEAVY].FWIWI love my 180mm Sonnar, but even that is sometimes more than I care to carry