How to find a photo from yesterday's daily samplings (gallery search does not work)

daniel rufer

Hello all<p>

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was intrigued by the smoke picture in

yesterday's "daily sampling" and wanted to bookmark the portfolio. Unfortunately

I didn't, as I was not on my computer and I stupidly didn't mark the person as

interesting or such, so I simply have no clue what he or the picture was called.

<p>

I tried searching the gallery for "smoke" but always get the "database busy"

error. I tried searching for portfolios with "smoke" but didn't find any. I also

remember that the photographer had a portfolio called "thin lines" but that

doesn't appear in the portfolio list either.

<p>

Is there any other way to search?<p>

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for helping :)<p>

Daniel

Sadly, there is no way to do this currently. Although it comes up often enough that we should probably find out some way to at least have the previous day's "front page" images listed somewhere.

Yu were getting the database busy message because thursday night-friday morning is when the site backup takes place. That always is taxing for the server. The gallery search should work fine now. You can also search using google images and the limitation "site:photo.net"

If your browser has a "History" you can just go back and look for the page. In your

browser's prefs, you probably had to set how far back you want to save. Hopefully you set

it for a few days. I just did this myself, not having remembered the sight I was looking at.

Worked like a charm.

Peter

Thanks to both for answering.<p>

To Josh: the previous day's "daily samplings" would be nice... a day goes by quite quick :)<p>

To Peter: Of course I would have used the history, but I was at a computer that I do not have access to anymore, that's why I should have marked the person as interesting or emailed myself the link or... <br>

BUT: It is indeed that shot, thanks a lot for finding it!<p>

*goes off to bookmark the smoke portfolio and Mehmet Ozgur as interesting* ;-)