Can you identify this camera?

Craig,

Having considered the evidence, I can now say with complete certainty that the camera you have was made by Welta. Any small variations as stated above could be mid model year changes that do not show up in the McK. book. Also, please keep in mind that the camera manufactures of the day were perfectly willing to mix and match options for the customer, such as Burke and James, or B&H. So the lack of straps, front standard variation, or the type of lens shutter used were more than likely chosen by the customer, and sold to order. Most Welta customers would have opted for a lesser lens, in a simple shutter, but whomever purchased your camera got the top of the line lens and shutter, and you can thank them for it when you use this camera.

The method of looking at the hinges is what lead me to the Welta ID, and it took me maybe 10 minutes with the McK. guide! But I am bragging...

Mark

"So ... the type of lens shutter used were more than likely chosen by the customer, and sold to order."

This was not only the case with major resellers. Many old folding cameras were available with quite a few different shutter/lens combos. I once saw a reprint of a mediocre pre-war folding camera advertisement, listing more than a dozen shutter/lens combos.

The trick of the resellers was to order huge quantities of a camera equipped with the same parts, and so they sometimes could sell this very special model cheaper than the original manufacturer who had to keep many variations on stock.

The Kodak Tourist is an example of a camera that seems to have come in a wide variety of shutters and lenses.

Addressing the earlier question about double extension bellows, as it happens, my recently acquired Voigtlander Avus came with what I first took to be a yellow filter, but discovered was a stacked filter and auxiliary tele lens ("T Focar 7"). The picture below shows the extension required to focus it on an object about 20 feet away.<div>00ODlq-41390784.jpg.c7b01b3d877229731ca199608f2f22ec.jpg</div>