Color with early Thorium Summicron

paul_taylor2

Paul, how many shots is this based on? Under what lighting conditions? I have an early Collapsible Summicron, and I don't find any coldness. I wonder if you are basing this on outdoor shots under the winter sky? The early Summicrons have glass with a yellow cast. If anything, the color cast should be on the warm side.

pics will get a yellow,brown tint unless filtered out. They seem to work ok for black and

white.

Shame as I had a like new screw mount one sent to me which i returned. Looked like it

came out of the box that morning. Supposedly a week exposure to UV will fix it. But I did

not want to keep it long enough to try,

Hi Paul, I don't own any warming filters for my Leica lenses but I have a few 81 series for my Pentax lenses. Although they can't quite match that early morning-late afternoon look they do seem to take that cold blue look out of midday shots. An 81C and Fujifilm will really bring the colors out. The 81 series filters are not true "warming" filters but color correction filters. Singh-Ray makes a filter specifically designed for warming and color enhancement.