Fuji EULA Dictates What Pictures You Can Take

It's to cover their asses.<p/>Some pervert is going to use the camera to take pictures of under age girl's: underwear, them dressing, bathing, whatever... and then the parents will sue said pervert. Now, considering that the pervert won't have much money, especially after having to pay his own lawyer, said girl's parent's lawyer will then go after the deep pockets: Fuji. Now, Fuji can say that the pervert didn't follow their EULA and therefore they, Fuli Corp have no liability. <p/>The lawyers on all sides will then battle it out and in the meantime, Fuji passes the legal costs on to us because of a pervert and greedy parents.

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this post, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

source: boingboing

Lex thinks he's joking, but here is the ad for the X-ray tube (a predecessor of the X-ray glasses)from the 1950 Johnson Smith Company catalog (the outfit that had the ads on the back pages of comic books in the 30s to 60s).<div>00OABa-41282384.jpg.cdb32c9a2ffbabf3f530fe23a132ee71.jpg</div>