510 pyro and delta 100 35mm.

I have been using 510 pyro with Delta 100 lately with excellent results in terms

of sharpness, shadow contrast, acuity, tonality. My method is as follows:

Rate Delta 100 at 80 and expose for shadows or bracket. In a 300 ml tank use a

1:500 dilution. Initial agitation is 10 inversions and then just 2 inversions at

16 minute mark. The total time is 32 minutes in developer. Has anybody had

experience with a method similar to this or another way which they think works

well? I have not tried this with 120 as yet.

I tried it a few times because I just couldn't believe 1ml of concentrate could fully develope a roll of film, but as you say, it does, and it does so wonderfully. Please tell me you're making up 500ml of developer and using 300ml of it, and not that you're using 3/5 of a ml of concentrate in 300ml of water?

Wow! That's crazy! So, you're developing a roll of film in 0.6ml of concentrate dissolved in 300ml of water. I really think developing two rolls of film in 1ml of developer concentrate dissolved in 500ml of water is pushing it too far, but who knows, I've been surprised before. If it were true, it would mean that 100ml of developer concentrate could develop 200 rolls of film. That would have to be some kind of record for developer capacity. I can't even calculate the cost/roll at .5ml/roll off the top of my head, but it's miniscule.

Hello everyone. 4.5ml of the 510 stock in a 450ml ss Nikor tank with a 3 minute presoak and then 10 mins developement (30 sec agitations) works super for me with 135-36 or 120 Delta at 80asa. Why tempt fate?...the developer is cheap. Your time and field expense is not! Enjoy, Bill

Bill, that seems like a lot of development, if I'm reading you right. 1:100 dilution for 10 minutes with 30 sec./minute agitations? I would expect very high contrast with that regimen, even with a 68F temp. My development times with 1:100 dilution in my Jobo @ 70F are around 5-6 minutes with most films.

Hello everyone. I give my negs (in 510 or any other type of developer) a 3 minute presoak..constant agiatation for 30sec, and 30 sec there after. When the 510 is poured into the SS Nikor tank, 15 seconds of constant, gentle agiatation is then followed by two (2) gentle inversions of the tank at the 30sec marks of the remaining time of development.

My times and quanities have been worked out to suit ME! My neg's are exposed/developed for a condesor enlarger and multi-grade (Ilford filters) papers using a modified Zone System for exposure and the 510 negs print with ease....no mysteries. For ages I was the PMK-Pyro guy but now must admit the 510 surpasses them (sorry Gordon!).

Each person should start out with the times/quanities found in the various sources for this developer and adjust until just the right negative for YOU is arrived at. Enjoy, Bill

• 2 weeks later...