Poll: do you still shoot AND PROJECT slides?

Troll

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes! I shoot slide film for my personal stuff: family vacations and other outings. then we have a slide show once or twice a year. the kids love to see themselves on the screen. strange, because I have bad memories of my father's never-ending slide-shows as a kid. I think I do a better job of editing and pacing than my dad did. I also scan the slides to makes prints too. it's a pain to shuffle around the slides in and out of the carousels, but it's worth it. projected slides look stunning.

I shoot slides, and only slides when shooting colour. but no projection. I do not own a projector, have no room for it, and no time / patience for setting it up !

All my slides are carefully classified and commented, I enjoy looking at them on the light-table. I scan a good amount of them, and have a few of them made on Cibachrome.

I hope K64 will be around for a long time !

cheers

Didier

Shoot, yes (great slide films, 35 and 120, that I can't resist using, even with parrallel

use of an M8), project, not often.

Scanning slides to printing is uppermost.

Still, it would be nice to get a good 6 x 6 or (better) 6 x 9 projector, much nicer than

flashing digitised slides onto a low resolution TV.

Yes. I use a vintage Leica Pradolux (built like a Sherman tank) with a 100/2.8 Elmaron lens. I

am trying to get better at scanning my slides to make prints (I just need more rainy days). I

use Fuji Provia (100 or 400, depending on available light) exclusively for my color film. I buy

it out of the fridge at my local, well-stocked, camera store.

Projecting my images, which I "rediscovered" while cleaning... has lead me down the expensive path of rebuying my M system.

For me, the projected image is the test of my skills - as well as the source of inspiration and memories on a scale that my monitor can't touch.

Yes, that's mainly what I do. I shoot 35mm with a Leica CM and Olympus OM4; medium format with a Hasselblad and Bronica RF645. I use mostly Kodak E100G after trying many slide films. I will use Provia 400X in the Bronica when in low light. It's a real treat to project the glass mounted medium format slides; particularly the 6x6 ones. With the 35mm slides, I scan them in a Nikon scanner, and project using a Kodak carousel. Jerry