apple new ultra thin laptop

f72

Meh.

apple apparently didn't get the memo that Fujitsu made this happen two years ago with their Q2010... which is, by the way, a full pound less and has a removable battery.

apple fanboys will buy poop-on-a-stick if it has the apple logo on it so chances are it'll be a hot seller anyway.

ras

<p>

And the Fujitsu does have LAN and an optical drive, which the macbook air seems to lack.

</p>

<p>

That does not mean I do not welcome this new laptop, being sort of an apple fanboy myself.

It's sort of a D3 versus 5D thing: the 5D was there earlier as a FF camera, but that does not

make the D3 worthless, now, does it?

</p>

As a MAC fan this galls to say, but they are taking the piss!

Sure its beautiful and designed as a second and back up to an iMac or a Mac Pro. The one

that you take ot the office and use for presentations, in this regard not a bad idea...

But for more than the cost of a macbook? what are they nuts.

Good to see prudent use of future technology, but this is Asus eee PC territory all the way,

with an external drive or a handful of 16GB SD cards.

Cheers G

As for the SSD-- it takes about 3 minutes to swap a HDD out of a laptop. For the $$ you save, you could easily buy a HDD and pop it in (and it probably wouldn't even come close to making up the difference in price + the SSD option).

It looks neat, though, but why would I want something so thin (and likely flimsy) for a portable computer? That sounds like an expensive accident waiting to happen.