Are Photographers Cat Lovers ?

hjoseph7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate cats. Unfortunately they refuse to acknowledge my dislike for cats and insist on sitting on me, sleeping with me and eating the food I give them. I hate babies too, especially the way they giggle when I feed 'em and change their poopy diapers. I hate cripples too, which is why I walk with a cane, so I can swat 'em while I'm hobbling around.<div>00O31T-41046384.jpg.632a66e9951b30a9059d0fed3e701835.jpg</div>

Two cats here. I used to think I was a dog person, but they have converted me. Perhaps their gracefulness is another factor that makes them attractive to photographers, although most shots I've seen are indeed of stationary cats. Then again, almost all of my shots of cats in motion do fail due to their speed.

"I hate cats. Unfortunately they refuse to acknowledge my dislike for cats and insist on sitting on me, sleeping with me and eating the food I give them. I hate babies too, especially the way they giggle when I feed 'em and change their poopy diapers. I hate cripples too, which is why I walk with a cane, so I can swat 'em while I'm hobbling around."

i'm an animal lover. i care for and protect my own pets as any humane person would and should do. but all the cats in existence don't equal the value of one human...be it a baby or a "cripple". not liking cats...doesn't translate to "i want to abuse cats". :)

I always wanted to take one of those saccharine sweet kittens in a basket photos; the kind that make photographers gag. My big chance came when my mother in law's cat had kittens. After a few weeks when they were the right size, I bought a wicker basket, a big red ribbon and decorated it with some artificial flowers. Then I went over to her house and found she had given the kittens away. Bummer man. I guess I'll have to find a kid, smear chocolate all over his face and take a photo of that. Why do some people find that cute? Why do some people like cats? Quien sabe?
James G. Dainis

John, the cat who allows me to live in her house will be glad to know that we understand the difference. Even if she does seem to think that my brushing her to get rid of that damned loose fur might possibly be abuse. Perhaps it's because whenever I pick up the brush I croon "It's torture time, hunnnnnny!"

What irks me is that just because I'm allowed to live in a cat's house (not a cathouse), and because I'm a photographer, my neighbors seem to think that I'm just itching to photograph their pets. Perhaps if I could persuade them to dress up their little bastards in S&M gear I might be interested.