running two films at the same time

I'm kinda new to E-6 and I've only developed at few rolls. Will it hurt to run a roll of sensia and a roll a

astia in the same tank? I'm running a kodak e-6 kit in a small two roll tank. I've heard of having problems

running kodak and fuji in the same chemicals, but nothing of this.

On another note, when I'm done can I use the used chemicals to cross-processes?

E6 is E6. The process is not like B&W where you can dial in variations of time and temperature to fine tune the results. Deviations from the standard time and temperature will result in color shifts and other artifacts not likely to be pleasing. C-41 for color negative is the same. So yes, you can mix and match films in the same tank with no problem for this process.

While I didn't think Astia and Sensia were the same film, there's certainly no problem souping them together. (I think the current Sensia is the previous version of Astia, certain colors definitely do respond differently between the two films when exposed to the same image in my film recorder, even when most of the image is identical.)

If you are using an inversion tank, you are putting in about twice as much chemistry as is needed to develop the film. I would be very hesitant to just run another two rolls of E-6 in it, the weaker solutions are too likely to behave at least slightly differently. However, there's no reason not to go ahead and try to cross with it, as there isn't really any standard outcome of that anyway.

BTW, it may make less difference in inversion tanks, with all that extra chemistry in there, but I recommend bumping the CDev time to at six minutes to get the full density of the film.

Van

The only real difference between E6 films and C41 films is that C41 films have the orange film base, therefore you can't get normal slides from them by cross processing in E6 chemistry-they'll have a negative orange(green) cast. E6 film can be cross processed and will yield an exact negative so scanning them should be fine, but printing them in minilabs set up to compensate for the orange cast may not work so well. I'm not sure on speed changes under cross processing, but I don't believe it will tire the chemistry any more because it is really the same film structure.