Nikon digital camera with my PB-6 bellows

Hi!

I own a Macro rig, based on the nikon PB-6 bellows, including Auto extensions rings, reverse mounting

macro adapter ring BR-2A and the BR-5 as well as a 60 mm Macro lens, along with the AR-10 release

cable.

This kit was put together for use with my Nikon F-100.

Only now I wish to use the system with a digital camera.

Which of the high-end (12.8 mpx) Nikon bodies can be used with the bellows. Do I need to buy a new

(different) release cable?

Also what focussing rack can you suggest? I use a Acra-Swiss Z monoball, and therefore an Acra Swiss

clamp.

Thanks for your time,

Milan

If you have the money (And maybe the patience to locate one if your need is immediate) the D3(24x36 mm format w/12.1 effective MP / 12.87mp total).

Otherwise the D300 (23.6 x 15.8 mm format w/ 12.3 effective mp / 13.1mp total) . I've got both in house right now and the D3 is better, but at 3x the price.

If your cable works with the 10 pin connection on the F100 you shouldn't need another cable.

If you have the money (And maybe the patience to locate one if your need is immediate) the D3(24x36 mm format w/12.1 effective MP / 12.87mp total).

Otherwise the D300 (23.6 x 15.8 mm format w/ 12.3 effective mp / 13.1mp total) . I've got both in house right now and the D3 is better, but at 3x the price.

If your cable works with the 10 pin connection on the F100 you shouldn't need another cable.

The live view feature in tripod mode on both cameras is a godsend for macro photographers.

• 3 months later...
I use the same bellows, along with the bellows extension. I tether my camera to the computer and use Nikon control to handled the camera, which generates images directly on the computer very quickly. But, focusing is just a bear. Thus, these days, I'd definitely go with a D300 or D3 as they have live view, with zoom, so that you can precisely focus the camera at 10X.