Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1 dp (Double Pan) Ballhead with Quick Release

cjtj50

I have a B1, but would not hesitate to get the new Z1. Arca is the only ball head with an effective tension control. I have an RRS PC-1 panning clamp on my B1. It is somewhat useful for panoramas if you don't mind the horizon in dead center. It is also handy when switching between Nikon, Hasselblad and long lenses, which have different orientations of the QR plate.

The Arca lever clamp is adjustable, unlike the RRS version. I actually prefer using the screw-clamp for security and best compatibility between plates.

If you think you might go with RRS camera plates, you may want to go with the screw clamp

on your AS head. The dovetail angles are slightly different, and according to RRS, only the

screw clamp will safely grab with enough force.

www.citysnaps.net

I have had the Z1 with single pan for a few weeks now and am very pleased. It is rock solid and once you get your camera and lens adjusted where you want it-tighten the Z1 and that is where it stays. No ball head slippage that drove me crazy with my previous ballhead. I use the Canon 180 macro a lot so just a slight bit of slippage was quite annoying. I have the screw-clamp, as a couple of reviews elsewhere had concerns with the lever-clamp not being as easy and intuitive to use. That may just be personal preference, but I am happy with the screw-clamp.

Hi there, Sorry it took me so long to respond but the Holidays can get busy. Thank you Edward, Brad and Chuck for taking the time out of your Holiday to comment on my question. I appreciate your opinions and they have helped me extremely. Happy New Year and a Healthy one too!