Shot list for Basketball

morganfam7

I am trying to be more precise about my shooting. I get many point guard

dribbling shots, but fewer shots that capture the teamwork between the pg and

the wings. I thought maybe a shot list would help. Below is a list that came

to mind. As a newcomer to the game, I'm sure that I'm missing something major.

<br>

<br>

point guard bringing it down<br>

pg passing to wings<br>

pg shooting or driving shooting<br>

posts rebounding shooting<br>

wings shooting<br>

<br>

defensive stuffs & steals<br>

<br>

free throws<br>

<br>

What do you think? I'll still be hunting for something special in every game.

If I try to capture the basics, then I should have good pictures from every

game... at least that's my goal.<br>

<br>

Thanks for your help!<br>

I get most of my best shots from drives to the basket. I generally don't bother with free throw shots, and only get shots of ordinary dribbling to be sure I get something of that particular player. Drives to the basket not only give good action, but often interesting facial expressions and blatant fouls. It doesn't have to be the point guard - a high post turning and taking one step can give a lot of good action.

Mostly, just take lots of pictures. Digital camera are great - I take about 500 pictures per game, discard about 100, and send off three or four for actual use. I certainly wouldn't not shoot a particular play because I already had enough of those, and was waiting for something else.<div>00NgnM-40425984.thumb.jpg.8a3c02ac3da279d3f3c6a40e37900357.jpg</div>

Thanks Alex! That's good information! You must be under the basket. I am going to have to get under there, although there's not much room in our gym. One shot out of a hundred helps, too!

Great photo! Very clean and crisp! I can't wait until I can take photos that good!

Thanks again for the great information!

Thanks for the kind words, but if you like my photos, you'll love some of the others on PN - Wilson Tsoi and Chuck Babbitt come to mind, but there are plenty of others. Read their posts and do what they do, and you'll be in great shape. Wilson usually posts some great pictures in the "what did you shoot...." threads, and look for some good Sugar Bowl pictures from Chuck in a couple of weeks.<div>00NhXm-40444184.jpg.fdc99d0854b7b5e594aef4e46d66ab54.jpg</div>

Patience, ahhh, not one of my stronger points. This is my first season shooting sports. I have been shooting for three months with my first slr, so I guess I can wait a day or two more. You mean I might need to take the advice that I give my kids??? ha ha Thanks, Mark, for the reminder.

Nice photo Alex. I know what you mean about Wilson and Chuck! I have been looking at their shots. I just hope to be as good as you guys in getting those facial expressions and clarity. I'm hoping to be that good tomorrow, or yesterday! ha ha I'll keep shooting!