zane_yau

Hi guys

I am looking at purchasing a Hasselblad 500CM with 2 lenses

it says on the listing that the two lenses are:

50 distagon 1:4 T*

80 distagon T*

and the owner doesn't know whether it's a C or CF ... and it's not written on

the lens as well

I am just trying to work out the value of the lenses.

I would appreciate any input

Regards

Zane

If the lens says synchro compur on it then it will be a "C" version whether chrome or black. The CF versions do not have synchro compur written on them. They will literally say "CF."

The only thing T* signifies is that the lens is multicoated. The only CF lens that will not have T* will be the Superachromat Version.

thanks for the replies! I am however getting more confused ... sorry for being ignorant :p i am quite new here

do does it mean the T* is a more or less expensive version of the lens? i searched keh.com and only found lenses with C and CF ... how can i compare their prices? is T* with nothing on it more expensive than T* with C or CF?

I guess multicoated is better than single though

"C" lenses have scalloped metal focusing, aperture and shutter speed rings. "CF" lenses have a knurled rubber focusing ring. "CFI" and "CFE" lenses have a knobby rubber focusing ring. Look at the illustrations on KEH.com. You can also see what KEH charges for various models and grades for comparison.

T* indicates multi-coating, and is found on late C lenses as well as nearly all newer lenses. Hasselblad stopped making spare parts for C lenses several years ago. I would avoid buying one now, even at a bargain price - they are going on 40 years old or more.

Unless you are a super clumsy person do not be afraid to buy lenses from "C" series.

The most important parts that tend to wear like shutter and mainsprings are still available.

Any thing else can be found as used parts from lenses that are broken for spares.

C Lenses are full metal constructions as against CF ones that have

plastic parts inside.

C lenses are built like a tank and will last another 40 years if treated with care and serviced properly.

Parts for older CF lenses are becoming scarce as well.