Pentax mount lenses in the Chicago area

hoshisato

Downtown ? I'd suggest a visit to Central Camera at 230 S. Wabash -- a genuine camera store. Central should have used and new lenses in stock, but if you have a particular lens in mind, it would make sense to call ahead.

I have no connection, other than as a customer and former Chicagoan who misses the city ... and the store.

Helix, just west of downtown on Racine (?) Rd (sorry, I'm not from Chicago) is another excellent store to stop by, lots of new and some used equipment. I always stop by when I'm in Chicago.

Also a couple of blocks from Central Camera on the same road (Wabash) is another used shop that has a mix of camera equipment including K-mount stuff. Its been at least 5 years since I visited that shop but it seemed there was a lot of odd-ball stuff there. A search in the phone book when you are there will find it for you.

HtH - Seeing your photo of Archie Shepp (among other fine shots, by the way), I'd encourage you to see whether the planned January 2008 re-opening of the <a href=http://www.jazzshowcase.com/>Jazz Showcase</a> is on target. My guess is you'll be there a bit too soon for that.<p>

Enjoy the trip. I'm envious. :)