Medium format E-6 processing WITH scans?

Hi,

When I get 35mm film processed, it almost invariably includes a CD with scans

of each frame. I'm just moving into 645 and was wondering if anyone knows a

lab that does that for 645?

I know some labs that do individual frames ipon request, but was looking for a

lab that would send me back a CD with my roll processing.

And yes, I do know that I can get a scanning setup for my home computer to do

this, but can't really afford that right now.

Thanks in advance,

mark

For mail order, try A&I in West Hollywood. They do a great job with mail order processing, and will include Frontier scans, for an additional charge. You can also get Noritsu scans, which are much better, but more pricey.

Dwayne's Photo does a good job at a fair price. Do a Google Search. I have been surprised and happy by the price and the choices. I get my film developed, scanned, and returned uncut. They use a Noritsu also. The scans are not the highest resolution, but they are good enough for the web and small prints. If I want larger images I scan them, but having the CD makes selection much easier.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I have come to hate the Frontier scans. Nine times out of ten, the images are fuzzy, unclear, and the color and white balance is all messed up.

The downside is, Frontier scans are cheap, which means you have this little voice that says "But maybe this time..." . Noritsu scans aren't bad but not (IMO) worth the increase in price, but some people rave about them - so I may have just had bad experiences.

Facing $50/image to get Imacon's (sorry, Hasselblad now :) ) done, I broke down and bought a Nikon 9000.

I'm in the process of getting the wet mount, but so far I'm extremely happy with the product. Downside is, I can only scan 3-5 images at once (35 and 120/220 positives), and I end up spending a fair amount of time in front of the computer. It's not what I would call exciting. Printed quality has exceeded my (arguably, a bit low) expectations, and now I'm investigating color management to tweak out the last little bits I can. You can get software that dumps to RAW formats, which is great, as you can leverage some great digital workflows to help prepare chromes for printing.

Be forewarned, as well, that if you opt to output a RAW format (assuming the scanner software supports it), a standard roll of 220 645 can be in excess of 4G of disk space.

Cheers,

-Andrew