Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Controller

bjornholland

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting one of these TC-80N3 timed remotes for my 5D. Has anyone had any

experience with the cheapo alternatives on eBay? (Battery life, reliability,...)

Also: I've come across some wireless remote controls on ebay, for example this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Remote-Control-for-Canon-EOS-5D-1Ds-1D-RS-

80N3_W0QQitemZ160180733586QQihZ006QQcategoryZ64345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any experience with these?

Thanks for your input!

Bjorn

If you're talking about the YONG NUO Wireless Remote Control for Canon EOS 10D 20D 30D 5D 1D. I purchased mine a few weeks ago and it works fine, so far. It took about 10 days to arrive since it is shipped from Tokyo. Despite that I bit the bullet and also got the TC-80N3, which does allot of things the wireless remote does not do. For example interval timer. I was working on an assignment that required double exposure using a digital camera. I needed for the Flash to go off at certain intervals(once every 20 seconds etc). I guess could have used the remote control, but it didn't get to my house in time.

You can also use a laptop and the software bundled with your camera to perform the same functions that the timer remote will give you. I guess it depends on your need for portability, but I have found that the few times I need a timed remote the extra hassle was worth not dropping so much on the "official" remote.