Delta 100 and D76

I've been developing on my own for a couple of months. All my developing has

taken place at the college with HC110.

Today, I'm home sick and want to play around and shoot some test rolls of

Delta 100.

What I have on hand for a developer is D76. Not ready to break the Jobo out as

of yet, so it will all be done by tanks and hand agitation.

Most of the intended use is for outdoor portraits. My desired results are very

little grain. A bit of contrast would be nice.

I'm looking for a starting point. What can I expect from developing it from

D76 stock? 1:1 or 1:3?

Full strength 6.5 min

1:1 9.75 min

1:3 16

All times for 68 deg, initial agaitation 20 sec, then 4 inversions in ten sec every minute.

These are Leica negs and print on a Focomat 1C condenser enlarger, #2 paper.

For a diffusion enlarger, add 10% time.

If you dilute you get a little grainy, but sharper, at 1:3 it gets even more grainy, but will resolve fine details from Leica`s sharpest APO lenses.

Keep your D76 in small glass bottles in one time use size, 4 oz for me.

If you let air get to it for more than a day or two, it becomes more active and then dies faster. My home made stock last a year in full bottles with good caps. Dilute just before use.

For 1:3, you still need 4 oz so a double reel tank is required, 4 stock+12 water.

D76 is one of the all time favorite classic developers that anything looks good in it. Some may say not but they just haven't nail it right. I have used many from HC-110, 510 Pyro, PMK, TMax, and Zonal Pro and will always love the look of any negs process in good old D76 from Kodak if you did your homework. As it is one that is still sold from 1927. Many has tried to copy and make them self but I still think Kodak's is #1, After you run your test and find your proper EI you will love this developer and like the results you get. Testing is the key and that is with any developer you try. I would stick to one and get it right from the start before moving on. Delta 100 is also a great film. I love this film when shooting portraits and love the rich tones you can get from it. Hear is a Delta 100 process in TMax 1:5.<div>00NFuX-39682384.jpg.348a8bfa6879745080238d5ea4d770c5.jpg</div>